The front portion of this building was a home, built in 1868. The family who built it, shared the home with the town's priest until the rectory was completed. It once had a smoke house in back to preserve meats without refrigeration. The original floors in the old portion of the building have been restored .
The smokehouse was torn down and the large addition to the building was put on about 1983 to be used as Ingram Research calling center.
Rumor has it that Winfield has the oldest remaining train station in Illinois.
The train station is now a museum. It is called Hedges Station.